Skip to Content
- Get Local Referrals. There is less chance of potential issues or scams when you choose a contractor from your community. They are more familiar with local rules and code regulations and have a relationship with area crews and suppliers.
- Get an extensive warranty. Not all contractors offer include coverage of the contractor’s workmanship. If a contractor installs the incorrectly, it may take months to years for damage to show. A home owner’s only way to solve the mistake is out of pocket because the insurance will not cover it. With Home Exteriors we provide a lifetime warranty on labor and materials.
- Research internet ratings. It is important to do research for the contractor you are interested in hiring. Google is the best advertisement for small companies. Great reviews and a steady website may lead you to the best contractor. Home Exteriors has a 4.9 star rating and over 80 reviews on Google.
- Don’t give in to pressure. Some contractors will pressure you to sign a contract before the insurance company has estimated the damage. Very few in between will contractors say they can work with whatever your insurance company settles upon but there will be those few, however the homeowner needs to ensure it’s not just any amount, but the right amount. A contractor should thoroughly examine the entire home and check that their insurance adjuster didn’t miss anything.
- Know your material choices. Here at Home Exteriors we have a variety of styles and colors for the shingles that may be effective in the resale value of your home.. A contractor who does not offer you different shingle options are not looking out for your best interest. If the insurance company paying for a new roof, it may be the perfect time to make a change and upgrade to a more unique style that suits your taste. Check out the options we carry!!